IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Admission 2024: The Post Basic Bachelor of Science in Nursing offered by IGNOU is a 3-year graduation-level program priced at INR 69,000 in fees. The course is meant for candidates who have completed a GNM diploma and wish to upgrade. Eligibility requires existing Graduate Nurse and Midwifery qualification. Classes are held at the IGNOU Headquarters, Maidan Garhi in New Delhi. Upon completion, successful career avenues as nursing professionals are available across healthcare sectors. Average salary packages can range between INR 2-15 lakhs or higher at premium facilities.
Indira Gandhi National Open University has released the answer key of the Post BSc Nursing entrance exam is uploaded on the university’s official website @ignou.ac.in. Indira Gandhi National Open University has commenced the Post Basic Nursing registration for the entrance examination in the January 2024 academic session. Students can fill out the PBScN entrance examination form by the last date 03 January 2024. Applicants can visit the official portal of the university @ignounursing.samarth.edu.in to apply, and the registration fee is INR 1,000 for this program.
IGNOU Trending News Updates
Is IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Valid?
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing is a valid degree program offered for students who wish to pursue this course cost-effectively and flexibly. The course is particularly developed for in-service nurses to enable them to upgrade their knowledge and skills in the health and medical domains.
Students do not need to visit the campus of education or study center on a regular basis; rather, they will have to complete their education on credit and with occasional visits. The minimum number of study hours, however, that are necessary for students to be involved in the ignou post basic nursing 2024 is 240 (study hours).
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Admission 2024
03 January 2024 is the last date to apply for IGNOU Post BSc Nursing admission in the January 2024 academic session. IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Admission has started for the January session. Candidates can visit the ignounursing.samarth.edu.in portal to submit applications for the post-basic nursing program. The application fee for the IGNOU Post Basic Nursing program is INR 1,000. You may deposit the application fee using any of the following digital modes: credit card/debit card or net banking.
The number of seats that are approved by INCE for acceptance of admission to the IGNOU Post Basic Nursing program differs due to PSC (Program Study Centers).
The university will use a region-wise merit list on behalf of the entrance examination to approve admissions. Suppose two or more applicants’ results/rankings are equal to each other in the entrance examination. In that case, admission will be determined on the following basis: length of relevant experience, overall percentages or performance in marks in GNM, date of birth, and draw of lot.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who dream of studying the IGNOU Post Basic Nursing degree program need to follow the eligibility criteria that are detailed in the pointers below.
- Candidates must be in-service nurses, such as registered midwives (RNRM) and registered nurses.
- Candidates also need to pass 10th or 10+2 or equivalent in the science or related field of education.
- It is also required that candidates secure a three-year Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM), followed by two years of experience in the related profession.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Duration
IGNOU Post Basic nursing duration is fully explained in the following part of this unit.
- The minimum duration required to pursue this course is three years.
- The maximum duration for studying the IGNOU Post Basic Nursing program is six years.
IGNOU Post Basic Fee Structure
The fee structure that represents the IGNOU Post Basic Nursing program is provided in the pointers below.
- The total fee for the three-year postgraduate degree program of IGNOU Post Basic Nursing is INR 69,000.
- The annual fee for this special degree program in post-basic nursing is INR 23,000.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Application Form
The application for IGNOU Post Basic Nursing application form 2024 is not available now, last date was 03 January 2024 for IGNOU PBScN entrance exam registration. The application fee for the IGNOU Post Basic Nursing program is INR 1,000. Individuals need to visit ignounursing.samarth.edu.in to submit the application form before the final date. The mode of payment for the application fee is online, i.e., credit card/debit card, net banking, etc.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Registration Process 2024
The registration process for the IGNOU Post Basic Nursing program is entirely detailed in the pointers below.
- Visit ignounursing.samarth.edu.in
- Tap on New Registration.
- Fill out the required registration details.
- Press the submit button to get a response for your registration credentials.
- Tap on the Login button to complete the registration.
- Upload scanned passport-size photograph and signature
- Deposit registration fee.
Note: Candidates who pass the entrance examination for the IGNOU Post Basic Nursing will be invited to follow the upcoming process.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Admission Process
Candidates can complete the admission process for IGNOU Post Basic Nursing programs by following the instructions below.
- Those who manage to obtain a minimum score as per the requirements of the entrance examination and have found themselves ideal as per the need for the regional merit list must visit the approved regional center with supporting originals and copies of documents.
- It is the counseling session that will determine whether a candidate is able to take admission or not.
- Those who manage to verify documents based on their professional and academic backgrounds will be asked to pay the tuition fee and aadmission fee.
- You will then be considered for admission to the IGNOU Post Basic Nursing program.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Entrance Exam 2024
The OPENNET application fee is INR 1,000. Aspiring individuals can pay the amount using the online mode. The examination is administered in offline mode, with a duration of 150 minutes. The entrance examination has a total of 120 questions in the multiple-choice mode (MCQ).
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Entrance Exam Pattern
The Indira Gandhi National Open University OPENNET-XI pattern is detailed in the upcoming section below.
- The entrance examination—OPENNET–XI— will be administered in offline mode with a one-and-a-half-hour duration.
- The entrance examination has 120 questions in the MCQ format.
- The total number of marks for this examination is 100.
- Questions in the OPENNET-XI will be asked in the following subjects; reasoning aptitude, general knowledge, mathematics, English, and general science.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing OPENNET-XI Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of the IGNOU Post Basic Nursing OPENNET-XI is detailed in the section below.
- The OpenNet-XI entrance examination does not have a negative mark.
- There are mark variations for each section of this entrance examination. For a better understanding, you must take a look at OPENNET-XI prospectus.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Entrance Exam Results
The IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Entrance Exam or OPENNET-XI results for the 2024 session will be out after 45 days or more of the conduct of this examination. It is anticipated that the entrance examination result will be updated on IGNOU’s official website before the first week of July.
In order to check the IGNOU OPENNET-XI results 2024 session, you can follow the instructions that have been provided in the upcoming section below.
How to Check IGNOU Post Basic Nursing OPENNET-XI Results?
There is a method below that you can use to check the IGNOU Post Basic Nursing OPENNET-XI Results 2024.
- Log on to ignou.ac.in
- Click on the Student Zone.
- Select “Results”
- Tap on the IGNOU OPENNET-XI 2024
- Enter Enrollment Number.
- Click on the Submit button to view the results.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Syllabus 2024
The Post Basic Nursing program of the Indira Gandhi National Open University has a three-year duration. The program syllabus includes counseling, self-study, assignments, etc., phenomena in the theory. The proper description of the IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Syllabus 2024 is detailed below:
|Medical Surgical Nursing
Mental Health Nursing
|Community Health Nursing
Nursing Education and Research
The above-written information about the syllabus of the Post Basic Nursing program at IGNOU only represents theory. The program contains slightly different subjects in the practical domains, i.e., Nursing Foundation, Applied Sciences, Material Nursing, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Paediatric Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education and Research, and Computer in Nursing.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing: Conclusion
In this article, the whole story revolves around IGNOU Post Basic Nursing program, providing research-based complete information to aspiring readers.
Those who have gone through the aforementioned sections would have acquired information such as IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Introduction, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Entrance Examination, Admission Process, Syllabus, and so on.