IGNOU Admission 2024-25 January Session: Indira Gandhi National Open University has extended the deadline for all UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate and other courses admission under the January 2024 cycle. Now, the extended last date of IGNOU Admisison 2024-25 is 29 February 2024 for the academic session 2024-25. Students must check the eligibility criteria at the university portal for their desired course. IGNOU registration form fee is INR 300 for all courses.
IGNOU has opened admissions for the January 2024 session across online/ODL programs. The application deadline is 29th February 2024. Interested candidates should apply at ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. Facilities for fresh enrollment, re-registration, provisional applications etc. are available. Key links are:
IGNOU Trending News Updates
- IGNOU Admission Login: ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in
- IGNOU Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in
- IGNOU Samarth Portal: https://ignou.samarth.edu.in/index.php/site/login
- IGNOU ODL Programs: https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in
- IGNOU Online Programs: https://ignouiop.samarth.edu.in
Students must furnish all documents, eligibility criteria information and fee payment proof while applying before the application window closes on 29 th February 2024.
IGNOU academic course fee starts from INR 1,600 to INR 15,200 per year. IGNOU also offers specialized PG programs in Computer Applications, Social Work, Tourism & Travel Management, Library Science, etc. Most programs have 2 years that can be extended up to 4 years.
Eligibility For Bachelor’s Degrees
To apply for UG courses such as BA, BCom, BBA, BCA, and BSc, students must pass 10+2 exams in relevant streams with minimum aggregate percentages varying across programs. Reservation category candidates get a 5% relaxation in cut-offs.
Fee: Annual fees start from INR 3,700 for BA and go up to INR 14,000 for technical courses like BCA.
Eligibility For Master’s Degrees
Programs like MA, MSc, MCom, MBA, and MCA have eligibility criteria of graduating in respective disciplines with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the last degree. Fees range between INR 6,800 and 37,800 per annum.
Fee: An annual fee of Rs 4,000 is applicable for reserved category postgraduate applicants.
Eligibility For PG Diplomas and Advanced Certification
Students must have a bachelor’s degree from UGC approved university to be eligible for the PG Diploma and Advanced Certification programmes.
Fee: The average fee is between INR 5,000 and INR 15,000 for all courses.
Eligibility For Other course
Specialized offerings in Yoga, Tourism, Social Work, Library Science, etc, have customized eligibility. The fee structure is nominal.
IGNOU’s Online Distance Learning (ODL) programmes allow learners and working professionals to attend lectures online, making education more accessible. IGNOU offers online and offline admission for individuals keen to enroll. You can easily apply online on the university’s website before the deadline.
IGNOU Re-registration procedure has started for all UG, PG level programmes into the January 2024-25 academic session. IGNOU re-registration’s last date is 29 January 2024 for the January 2024-25 calendar. Students can fill out the re-admission form by visiting the official portal of the university @onlinerr.ignou.ac.in.
Before we begin understanding the admission process for the 2024-25 session, it is necessary to know a little bit about IGNOU. Indira Gandhi National Open University, commonly known as IGNOU, is a public university that offers distance education and online learning opportunities to aspiring students in various streams.
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers various programmes in the January 2024 academic session, including IGNOU BEd, Post BSc Nursing, and IGNOU Ph.D. in the July session. The last date is 03 January 2024 for IGNOU PhD, BEd, and Post BScN admission. The registration fee can be submitted online by visiting the official portal of the university @ignou.ac.in. The registration fee is INR 1,000, and it’s a non-refundable fee.
The distance education programs of IGNOU are available at undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and PhD levels; online programs can only be accessed and pursued at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in selected domains. The university offers non-professional and professional courses at a distance and online learning modes.
This is excellent news for postgraduate students! The 2024-25 academic year will see four new Master’s programs from Indira Gandhi National Open University. IGNOU starts MSc programs in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Zoology, and Chemistry in January 2024. These Open and Distance Learning (ODL) programmes teach in English and accept all ages, eliminating age restrictions. The university’s senior officials and program committees have approved these Master’s programs for the January 2024 Session.
The 2-year Master of Biochemistry (MScBCB) program fee is INR 36,200 per year and can be completed in 4 years. Students who studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 12th grade but not biology in their bachelor’s can apply. Pharmacy graduates, B.Tech-Biotechnology graduates, and undergraduate chemists are qualified. National biochemistry experts created the program to close the demand-supply mismatch. Self-learning is available through IGNOU’s E-GyanKosh channel.
IGNOU Admission 2024-25 January Session Important Dates
|IGNOU Admission 2024-25 January Session start date
|15 December 2023
|IGNOU Admission 2024-25 Last date
|29 February 2024
|IGNOU BA admission last date
|29 February 2024
|IGNOU BSC admission last date
|29 February 2024
|IGNOU BBA admission last date
|29 February 2024
|IGNOU MA admission last date
|29 February 2024
|IGNOU MBA admission last date
|29 February 2024
|IGNOU MSC admission last date
|29 February 2024
IGNOU Admission 2024-25 January Session
ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in has started the admission for all online and ODL level programmes in the January 2024-25 academic session. As per the official notification of the university, IGNOU Admission 2024-25 last date is 29 February 2024 for all courses. Students must be eligible for their desired course from a recognized university or educational board. To fill out the admission form students can visit the mentioned university’s official portal. The registration fee is INR 300 for all IGNOU Courses, and the application fee is non-refundable.
Admissions are being accepted for various degrees, diplomas, and certificates in arts, commerce, science, technology, language, business and management, mass communication, etc. The IGNOU admission January session 2024 registration has begun for the various programmes such as BA, BCom, BSc, BCA, MBA, MCA, and many more.
The registration fee for admission to IGNOU’s largest programs is 300 Indian rupees. For courses such as PGDMCH/DNA/PGDGM or PGCMDM and MCOMMFT/BCOMMAF, the fee registration fees are seen as 500 Indian rupees and 800 Indian rupees, respectively. The registration fees need to be paid as per the selected mode of admission: online or offline.
IGNOU UG Admission 2024-25
IGNOU UG Admission 2024-25 extedned last date is 29 February 2024 for the January session. Indira Gandhi National Open University started the admission for all UG courses in the January 2024-25 academic session, such as BA, BCom, BBA, BCA, and so on. Students keen to enrol in their selected UG program can apply by visiting the official portal of the university @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. Students need to pay the INR 300 registration fee along with the course fee. Students have a 10+2 from any recognized education board.
The undergraduate admission at IGNOU allows keen students to apply for BA, BCom, BCom in Accountancy and Finance, BBA, BSc, BA in Vocational Studies (Tourism Management), BA in General Studies, BA in Applied Sanskrit, BA in Journalism and Digital Media, BA (H) in Economics, BA (H) in History, BA (H) in Political Science, BA (H) in Anthropology, Diploma in Dairy Technology, Diploma in Aquaculture, Diploma in Paralegal Practice, Diploma in Smart City Development and Management, and so on.
Admission to undergraduate degree/diploma or certificate programs at Indira Gandhi Nation Open University is dependent on academic success. The subsequent sections will detail the undergraduate eligibility criteria and fee structure.
IGNOU UG Admission 2024-25: Eligibility Criteria
Admission to undergraduate-level programs or courses at IGNOU in the 2024-25 calendar year or academic year session will happen on the following basis.
- Diploma in Smart City Development and Management: Admission to the DSCDM program of one-year duration is granted to candidates who pass 10+2 in science with mathematics.
- Certificate in Food and Nutrition: Admission to the CFN six-month program at IGNOU is open to keen students who successfully pass 10+2 and have a minimum age of 18 years.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc): 10+2 with a science stream or related subjects from a recognized board is efficient for students to get admission to BSc at IGNOU.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Public Administration: 12th or 10+2 from an approved board is the minimum requirement for admission opportunity to BA in Public Administration program.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): Students must have a 10+2 from any recognized educational board with a minimum of 50% mark to be eligible for the BBA course at IGNOU.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA): Candidates who are interested in pursuing a bachelor of arts programme have a minimum of 50% mark in their 10+2 from any recognized educational board.
IGNOU UG Courses Fee Structure
The fee structure for various undergraduate-level programs at IGNOU is accurately detailed in the upcoming sections below.
- BA (H) in Psychology: The annual fee for a BA (H) in Psychology is 5,800 Indian rupees; thus, the complete fee for a BA in Psychology program of a three-year duration at IGNOU is 17,400 Indian rupees.
- BA (H) in Public Administration: The per year fee for the BA (H) in Public Administration is 4,700 Indian rupees. The complete fee, therefore, for the BA degree program in Public Administration is 14,100 Indian rupees.
- BA in Journalism and Digital Media: The three-year undergraduate-level course—BA in Journalism and Digital Media— fee is 31,800 Indian rupees. The annual fee for the BA in Journalism and Digital Media course is 10,600 Indian rupees.
- BA in Applied Urdu: The Applied Urdu program in BA at Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) annual fee is 4,500 Indian rupees. The total fee for the BA in Applied Urdu program is 13,500 Indian rupees.
IGNOU PG Admission 2024-25
IGNOU PG admission 2024-25: The last date is 29 February 2024 for the January academic session. IGNOU started the PG admission for specialization into the January 2024-25 academic session. Students can visit the official portal of the university @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in to fill out the PG admission form. Candidates have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks. INR 300 is the registration fee for all IGNOU PG Courses; students must pay at the time.
IGNOU Admission PG 2024-25 is ongoig for M.Com, MCom in Finance and Taxation, MBA, MBA in Human Resource Management, MA in English, MBA in Banking and Finance, MA in Hindi, MA in History, MA in Sociology, MA in Psychology, MA in Public Administration, MA in Peace Studies, MCA, MSc in Food Nutrition, MSW, MA in Adult Education, MA in Philosophy, MA in Public Administration, MA in Life Studies, MSc in Environmental Science, and so on.
Admission to IGNOU’s postgraduate programs is largely based on academic performance. The following sections contain detailed information about IGNOU’s eligibility criteria and fee structure for postgraduate programs.
IGNOU PG Admission 2024: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the postgraduate programs offered by the Indira Gandhi National Open University are detailed below.
- MSc in Food Safety and Quality Management: A Graduate in agriculture, home science, biochemistry, veterinary medicine, fisheries, dairy technology, or dentistry from a recognized university or institution.
- MSc in Geoinformatics: A graduate degree in engineering, computer application, science, information technology, architecture, or a related stream/subject from an approved university is ideal for admission to the MSc in Geoinformatics program at IGNOU.
- MCA: Candidates need to pass a BCA, BSc IT, BE CSE, BTech IT, BCom, BVoc, or related degree from a recognized university with at least 50 percent marks in aggregate from a UGC-approved university.
- MBA in Marketing Management: Passed a bachelor’s degree of a minimum three-year duration with at least 50 percent marks from any stream to be considered for admission to the MBA in Marketing Management program at IGNOU.
IGNOU PG Courses Fee Structure
The course-wise fee structure for postgraduate programs at IGNOU can be learned in the section below.
- MBA in Banking and Finance: The two-year postgraduate program of MBA in Banking and Finance requires a per semester fee of 15,500 Indian rupees.
- MA in English: The per year fee for the MA in English program at IGNOU is 7,300 Indian rupees. The total fee, thus, is 14,600 Indian rupees for the advanced degree program in English.
- MCA: The total or complete fee for IGNOU’s MCA program is 49,200 Indian rupees. Students can deposit the amount semester-wise, which is INR 12,300.
- MSc in Counseling and Therapy: The per year fee for the MSc in Counseling and Therapy program at IGNOU is 17,100 Indian rupees. If we combine the two-year duration then the complete fee for the MSc in Counseling and Therapy program is found at 34,200 Indian rupees.
IGNOU Admission 2024-25 Application Form
Indira Gandhi National Open University admission application forms are available for the January 2024-25 academic session for all the Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, and Certificate level programmes. The registration fee is INR 300, INR 500, and INR 850 for both modes remains the same. IGNOU applications from the submission process are ongoing till the last date, 29 February 2024.
IGNOU Admission Process 2024-25
Students are confused about the IGNOU admission process for the January session. So here we mentioned the Online and Offline admission procedure. Candidates can follow them and fill out the admission form for all the details listed below.
Online Admission Process: The Online Admission Process that aspirants must follow in order to complete the enrollment and application forms outlined below correctly.
- Log on to the official website of IGNOU “.
- Open IGNOU’s Samarth Portal “https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/“
- Kindly press “Click Here For New Registration” and Create an account.
- Login to the account to access the IGNOU admission 2024-25 application form.
- Fill out the mandatory blocks in the Online Admission Form.
- Select the Program.
- Upload documents.
- Kindly review the details filled you in the admission form.
- Do not forget to correct them before paying the registration, admission, and tuition fees to confirm admission.
Offline Admission Procedure: The offline admission procedure that candidates must follow at IGNOU in the 2024-25 session is outlined below.
- Kindly visit the nearest regional center of IGNOU.
- Purchase an application form.
- Fill out only the mandatory blocks.
- Self-attest the required documents’ copies.
- Paste a PP-size photo on the offline admission form.
- Submit IGNOU’s application form and documents.
- Wait until the verification process is finished.
- To complete the admissions process, you must deposit admission and tuition fees.
Advantages of Pursuing a Program in IGNOU: Overview
Indira Gandhi National Open University is a door that remains unlocked for students who wish to study and experience a standard education despite opting for the distance education mode. There are several reasons why one must opt for IGNOU’s offered programs to attain excellence in education. Some of them are listed below.
- Economically designed courses.
- A great range of options.
- Flexibility in learning.
- No compulsion to pursue Hardcopies in the presence of online learning materials free of cost.
- It has the same value as a regular degree/diploma or certificate.
IGNOU Admission 2024-25 for Entrance-Based Courses
IGNOU conducts university-level entrance exams to screen candidates for admission to certain courses. Appearing and qualifying cut-off scores in these entrance tests are mandatory.
BEd (Bachelor of Education)
- Eligibility – 50% in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Entrance Exam – IGNOU BEd Entrance Test
- Total Fees – INR 50,000
Post Basic BSc Nursing
- Eligibility – 10+2 + Diploma in GNM + 2 years experience
- Entrance Exam – OPENNET
- Annual Fees – INR 69,000
IGNOU PhD Admission
- Eligibility – Master’s degree with 55% marks
- Entrance Test – IGNOU PhD Entrance Test
- Annual Fees – INR 12,600
- Eligibility – Master’s degree
- Common Entrance Test – OPENMAT
- Total Fees – INR 16,800
In the entrance tests, candidates have to achieve certain cutoff marks depending on their category to qualify for the next round. Counselling sessions are also conducted for shortlisted applicants.
Question. 1) What is the IGNOU Admission 2024-25 Last date for the January session?
Answer: IGNOU Admission 2024-25 last date is 29 February 2024 for the January session.
Question. 2) Is it mandatory for students to register before submitting the IGNOU admission form online?
Answer. 2) Yes, it is mandatory to register with the IGNOU online admission portal before submitting your admission form online.