IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024: 29 February 2024 is the last date for IGNOU BLIS admission in the January session. IGNOU opened its admission window for the BLIS program into the January 2024-25 academic session. Students can apply for admission by visiting the official portal of the university @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. To be eligible for BLIS admission, candidates have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
The registration fee is INR 300; students need to pay the amount along with the course fee at the time of admission. Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) is a one-year program IGNOU offers in January and July sessions. The program was made to help people get better at using traditional, digital, and modern library tools.
IGNOU Trending News Updates
Bachelor of Library and Information Science is what BLIS stands for. Students who want to work in library science should take this course. The course looks at how books, journals, magazines, and novels, to name a few, are managed and kept in good shape in a library.
IGNOU BLIS undergraduate degree program can take up to 1 year to finish. There are both practical and theoretical parts to each of the ten topics in the course. Students must learn about the library, information, society, ICT basics, ICT in libraries, communication skills, and more. This librarian course is also available online mode also- IGNOU Online BLIS.
IGNOU offers BLIS in English, and students interested in applying can do so via the IGNOU admission portal. This course is offered by the School of Social Sciences and the Open Learning Mode. IGNOU assignment submission last date 2024 will be 15 May 2024 for the BLIS program.
The article provides information on how to apply to the IGNOU BLIS program. Information will include who can apply, the cost, the timeframe, the requirements, and the application process. The article also provides information on sessional admission and more updates.
IGNOU BLIS Admission Highlights
IGNOU Bachelor of Library & Information Science
School of Social Sciences (SOSS)
|January & July
IGNOU BLIS Course Details
- Students can apply for the BLIS course in the IGNOU Admission before the last date of 28 February 2024.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University provides a BLIS course under the School of Social Sciences (SOSS).
- This is a 1-year Librarian course available for admission at IGNOU in January and July sessions.
- The total fee for the IGNOU Librarian Course is Rs. 8,300/–
- In English, students can write assignments and TEE in the Hindi language.
- The minimum eligibility criteria for the IGNOU Librarian course is having a graduation degree in the relevant discipline.
- There is no entrance exam conducted for the IGNOU BLIS course; students can get admission based on the marks in previous education.
- This course is best for someone who wants to make their career books and library science.
- After Completing the IGNOU BLIS program, students can work in various job profiles such as Librarian, Consultant, Indexer, Information, Architect, Library assistant, Curator, etc.
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024
IGNOU BLIS Admission has started for the January 2024-25 academic session. The last date for IGNOU BLIS Admission is 29 February 2024. Students have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized University with 50% marks. Candidates can apply by visiting the official admission portal @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in and filling out the form; students visit the nearest regional centre for offline admission. The registration Fee is INR 300 for the BLIS course.
Students must have their bachelor’s degree from any recognized university to pursue a Bachelor’s in Library and Information Science. The university doesn’t conduct any entrance exam for admission to the IGNOU BLIS programme. For more information, students must go through the article.
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024 Important Dates
|IGNOU BLIS Registration Start Date
15 December 2023
|IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024 Last Date
|29 February 2024
|IGNOU Re-registration Last Date
|29 February 2024
Application Form for IGNOU BLIS Admission
IGNOU has an admission portal for students from where they can register for BLIS admission 2024. The last date to fill out the registration form is 29 February 2024. Candidates must read all instructions carefully before filling out the application form. The information filled in the application form should be correct; otherwise application might be rejected. Required documents should be as per the instruction and uploaded in proper format.
Eligibility for IGNOU BLIS Admission
Candidates can get admission to the IGNOU BLIS Degree 1-year program with the eligibility given below.
- Three-year bachelor’s degree with 50% marks and 45% is sufficient for the SC/PH/OBC/ST categories.
- Three-year Bachelor’s degree with a Diploma of one year in Library Science.
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of working experience in the library and information Centre.
IGNOU BLIS Admission Fee
- The IGNOU BLIS program costs INR 8,300 for a full year. This fee must be paid when applying to the library and science undergraduate degree program.
- After paying the fee, IGNOU also charged an exam fee. The exam fee is calculated according to the number of exam papers.
IGNOU BLIS Application Form 2024
IGNOU BLIS application forms for the January 2024 academic session are available in both mode online and offline. To fill out the IGNOU BLIS application form, students must fill out the forms before the deadline of 29 February 2024. The registration fee is INR 300. Candidates can pay the fee using credit cards, debit cards, and Internet Banking or UPI are all possible ways to submit the payment.
IGNOU BLIS Admission Process
The IGNOU BLIS online admission process is instructed below.
- Pay a visit to the Samarth website of IGNOU.
- Open a new enrollment page, and build an account.
- Login back to the created account with the help of credentials.
- Complete IGNOU BLIS Admission form.
- Upload documents
- Cross-check the filled details with documents.
- Pay a fee, and download the IGNOU BLIS form submission slip.
Required Documents For IGNOU BLIS Admission
- Passport-size scanned Photograph
- Scanned Signature
- Age Proof
- Scanned Qualification certificate
- Experience Certificate
- Category Certificate SC/ST/OBC
IGNOU BLIS Syllabus
|Title of the Course
|Library, Information, and Society
|Information Sources and Services
|Organizing and Managing Information
|Management of Library and Information Centre
|Document Processing: Practice
|Information Products and Services
|ICT in Libraries
IGNOU Librarian Course Structure
IGNOU BLIS program consists of a total of nine courses, five of which have a practical component (BLI 224, BLIE225, BLIE 227, BLIE 228, and BLIE 229) and four of which are theory-based courses (BLI 231, BLI 222, BLI 223, and BLI 226).
At this time, just the English language version of the application is being made available. Nevertheless, the students can do their assignments and take their final exams in Hindi if they so want.
IGNOU BLIS: Study Material 2024
IGNOU has all the books and materials you need to study for BLIS. All Bachelor of Library Science students can go to the egyankosh portal to find all of the online books and PDFs for the course.
The full set of BLIS IGNOU study materials for one year is available online and offline. Those students who are searching IGNOU BLIS study material direct link Click here.
IGNOU also sends the study material for the BLIS course to the address of students via post. Students can learn the course with books and printed study materials. There are no extra charges required for the study material.
Assignment for IGNOU BLIS
In preparation for the December term-end examination, the IGNOU BLIS assignment submission window will open. Along with the deadline, the date by which students must submit their BLIS assignments is now communicated. In the IGNOU BLIS program, the assignment carries a 30% weight. The deadline to submit the IGNOU Librarian course assignment for December TEE 2023 was 30 November 2023.
IGNOU BLIS Exam Form
Indira Gandhi National Open University conducts the term-end examination in two academic sessions, December & June. IGNOU BLIS exam form is available now. Students can fill out the exam form by the last date, 10 November 2023, without a late fee at the official website @exam.ignou.ac.in. IGNOU has released the tentative December TEE date sheet for the BLIS program exam, which starts on 01 December 2023 and ends on 09 January 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1. What was the January session’s last date for the IGNOU Bachelor of Library Science?
Answer: 29 February 2024 is the last date for the IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024 January session.
Question 2: What are the total fees for the IGNOU BIS Course?
Answer As per the IGNOU official prospectus, the total fee for the IGNOU Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) is Rs 8,300/-. Students have options to pay the fees through Net banking, UPI, Debit/Credit card, and more.
Question 3. How to apply for IGNOU BLIS?
Answer. Students can apply online for IGNOU BLIS at @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in.
Question 4. Is BLIS offered semester-by-semester at IGNOU?
Answer. BLIS (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) candidates must take the required credit courses every semester or every year. This course takes only 1 or 2 years to complete.
Question 5. Is it possible to do BLIS and MA at the same time?
Answer. Yes, you can! A correspondence/distance mode should be used for one and a regular mode for the other.